Developing medical devices is our specialty and primary business. We can help at any stage of product development, from idea through release. Read about our design experience and let us know how we can help you!
We have specialized in analog electronic design since opening our doors. Some examples of analog subsystems we have developed are:
- Interface circuitry, including multi-stage amplifiers and filtering for optimal signal quality
- Sensor selection and interfacing: pressure, sound, infrared, temperature, load cells, piezoelectric and others
- Control for electromechanical subsystems, such as peristaltic pumps in a medical device
- Power supplies, from line power to coin-cell battery operation
- Signal conversion circuitry, such as frequency to voltage
- Oscillators, clocks and timing circuits
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) reduction circuits
- Medical safety isolation for both power and signal
Due to the complex and interactive nature of medical systems, a strong base in digital electronics is a must. Our project experience spans many popular digital interfaces.
- Microcontroller firmware and interface design, with many popular product lines: Microchip PIC, Motorola, Intel, TI, ARM, others
- Wired communications – modems, RS232/422/485, UART, USB, ethernet/LAN, I2C, SPI, parallel bus
- Wireless communications – Bluetooth, WiFi (802.11), low power RF, infrared
Software and Firmware Design
In modern devices, software plays as big a role as hardware in device function and usability. We have experience with a number of popular software packages.
- Microcontroller firmware code in C and Assembly
- National Instruments LabVIEW and LabWindows/CVI
- C, C++, Visual Basic
Mechanical and Industrial Design
Not only is it important to have a novel, functional medical device. Your product needs to look good, be easy to use and survive the rigors of use. We will make your medical product tough, intuitive and eye-catching!
- Case and packaging design
- 3D printing for rapid prototyping and first articles
- Control and user interface design for usability
- Medical disposables design
- Intelligent connector planning to prevent user and manufacturing errors
We can create your designs in a variety of formats. Examples of CAD/EDA packages we use include:
- Cadence schematic entry
- Mentor Graphics PCB design
- SPICE simulation